What are we doing to be Green?
Certified "Platinum Award" under Green Hospitality Awards (GHA) for our practices of environment excellence. As a green hotel in Dublin, we actively take part in environmental management strategies such as:
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Environmentally Responsible Purchasing
- Enhanced indoor Environmental Quality
- Performance Tracking and Reporting
- Raising Awareness through Engagement The GHA's main focus is "Greening Irish hospitality", and our practices such as day lighting dimming controls, PC power management, recycling approximately 50% of total waste produced, and the use of chemical free cleaning products have probably made us the most green hotel in Dublin.
Sustainable green meeting options and "Clutter Free Meetings” where pads of paper, pens and mints are set as stations inmeeting rooms instead of at each setting to reduce waste.
Some of The Westin Dublin sustainable components:
- Recycled Content Paper Flip Charts
- Biodegradable markers for flipcharts
- Environmentally Friendly Chafing Fuel
- Meeting Space Recycling Dust Bins
- Green Printing Services
- Clutter free setup
- Use of pencils
- Filtered bottled water
- Condiments Served In Bulk
- Sample Green Menu
Restore 74% dark bittersweet chocolate chips and pop corn “tutti-frutti” with walnuts, almond, raisins, raisins and apricots
minted orange and green apple salad, dollop of cinnamon yogurt basil infused watermelon tomato water
Hear from our guests about their stay from 10 verified guest reviews
93%of our guests
recommend this hotel
Overall, the Westin-Dublin was an outstanding hotel, I stated at the hotel on two separate occasions over the past week and can't say enough good things about the hotel.
Foremost, the location is absolutely unbeatable. You could not possible have a better location.
Second, the rooms are very nice and spacious. The building is very attractive and looks like a luxury hotel.
Last, the staff was incredibly polite, responsive, and did a wonderful job. From the valet to the check-in staff to the room service staff, I was always treated very, very well. One night, we returned to the hotel very late (2:30AM?) and were greeted by the night manager (Bala Kerisnan) who was incredibly kind and even sent up a bottle of wine because we mentioned it was my Dad's birthday trip. What a great experience.
I took my Dad on this trip to Ireland for his 55th birthday, and our stay at the Westin helped to make this a great experience.