What are we doing to be Green?
Certified "Platinum Award" under Green Hospitality Awards (GHA) for our practices of environment excellence. As a green hotel in Dublin, we actively take part in environmental management strategies such as:
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Environmentally Responsible Purchasing
- Enhanced indoor Environmental Quality
- Performance Tracking and Reporting
- Raising Awareness through Engagement The GHA's main focus is "Greening Irish hospitality", and our practices such as day lighting dimming controls, PC power management, recycling approximately 50% of total waste produced, and the use of chemical free cleaning products have probably made us the most green hotel in Dublin.
Sustainable green meeting options and "Clutter Free Meetings” where pads of paper, pens and mints are set as stations inmeeting rooms instead of at each setting to reduce waste.
Some of The Westin Dublin sustainable components:
- Recycled Content Paper Flip Charts
- Biodegradable markers for flipcharts
- Environmentally Friendly Chafing Fuel
- Meeting Space Recycling Dust Bins
- Green Printing Services
- Clutter free setup
- Use of pencils
- Filtered bottled water
- Condiments Served In Bulk
- Sample Green Menu
Restore 74% dark bittersweet chocolate chips and pop corn “tutti-frutti” with walnuts, almond, raisins, raisins and apricots
minted orange and green apple salad, dollop of cinnamon yogurt basil infused watermelon tomato water
Hear from our guests about their stay from 10 verified guest reviews
93%of our guests
recommend this hotel
The location is stellar -- right in the middle of Temple Bar. My wife and I never had more than a 15 min walk to anywhere we went for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Even the Guinness brewery is only a mile or so walk. Many other attractions are close by. We didn't use it, but there is an airport bus stop across the street. Airport took 20 mins by car. Valet service was on point and not outrageously expensive at around 30$ a night.
Rooms themselves look pretty updated including the bathroom and were quiet and spacious. Staff recognized my status and upgraded me during what I assume was a very busy time of year (New Years). Came with a free buffet breakfast per my status which was pretty good as well. I didn't try either of the bars, but the cocktails list looked inventive.
I have been a lifetime platinum elite with Marriott for years and honestly I may start staying at Westins in the future if this property is indicative of other Westins.
Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Dublin.