What are we doing to be Green?
Certified "Platinum Award" under Green Hospitality Awards (GHA) for our practices of environment excellence. As a green hotel in Dublin, we actively take part in environmental management strategies such as:
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Environmentally Responsible Purchasing
- Enhanced indoor Environmental Quality
- Performance Tracking and Reporting
- Raising Awareness through Engagement The GHA's main focus is "Greening Irish hospitality", and our practices such as day lighting dimming controls, PC power management, recycling approximately 50% of total waste produced, and the use of chemical free cleaning products have probably made us the most green hotel in Dublin.
Sustainable green meeting options and "Clutter Free Meetings” where pads of paper, pens and mints are set as stations inmeeting rooms instead of at each setting to reduce waste.
Some of The Westin Dublin sustainable components:
- Recycled Content Paper Flip Charts
- Biodegradable markers for flipcharts
- Environmentally Friendly Chafing Fuel
- Meeting Space Recycling Dust Bins
- Green Printing Services
- Clutter free setup
- Use of pencils
- Filtered bottled water
- Condiments Served In Bulk
- Sample Green Menu
Restore 74% dark bittersweet chocolate chips and pop corn “tutti-frutti” with walnuts, almond, raisins, raisins and apricots
minted orange and green apple salad, dollop of cinnamon yogurt basil infused watermelon tomato water
Hear from our guests about their stay from 436 verified guest reviews
92%of our guests
recommend this hotel
This was the highlight stay of the Ireland trip. The hotel is right in the center of Dublin very close to Temple Bar district and many tourist attractions. Great Platinum recognition (suite upgrade) and the buffet breakfast was absolutely wonderful. The room (O'Connel suite) was very quiet (although on the second floor and facing the street). The whole building has personality and it feels great coming back from a run (using the New Balance equipment provided through the gear lending program) and chatting with the doorman for 5 minutes about the surrounding areas.
Would definite go back if in Dublin again.