What are we doing to be Green?
Certified "Platinum Award" under Green Hospitality Awards (GHA) for our practices of environment excellence. As a green hotel in Dublin, we actively take part in environmental management strategies such as:
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Environmentally Responsible Purchasing
- Enhanced indoor Environmental Quality
- Performance Tracking and Reporting
- Raising Awareness through Engagement The GHA's main focus is "Greening Irish hospitality", and our practices such as day lighting dimming controls, PC power management, recycling approximately 50% of total waste produced, and the use of chemical free cleaning products have probably made us the most green hotel in Dublin.
Sustainable green meeting options and "Clutter Free Meetings” where pads of paper, pens and mints are set as stations inmeeting rooms instead of at each setting to reduce waste.
Some of The Westin Dublin sustainable components:
- Recycled Content Paper Flip Charts
- Biodegradable markers for flipcharts
- Environmentally Friendly Chafing Fuel
- Meeting Space Recycling Dust Bins
- Green Printing Services
- Clutter free setup
- Use of pencils
- Filtered bottled water
- Condiments Served In Bulk
- Sample Green Menu
Restore 74% dark bittersweet chocolate chips and pop corn “tutti-frutti” with walnuts, almond, raisins, raisins and apricots
minted orange and green apple salad, dollop of cinnamon yogurt basil infused watermelon tomato water
Hear from our guests about their stay from 436 verified guest reviews
92%of our guests
recommend this hotel
Beautiful hotel, handsomely appointed furnishings and top notch staff. We arrived the day Ophelia was making her debut. Nonetheless, the doorman sprang into action, assisting with our luggage and escorting us in to the hands of your brilliant front desk staff and capable associates. Our bags were stowed, we were able to partake in breakfast while awaiting our room - earlly check in request ws for 1000. Due to the storm there was a lot of activity going on as flights were cancelled, transportation was stopped but everything appeared to move along like a well oiled machine. The hotel is in the center of Dublin, close to many tourist attractions. We were able to walk around and enjoy the local sites. The double room with a view...nice, mattress not so comfortable, bathroom soaker tub was to die for. The buffet breakfast was a bit pricey, but offered a variety of delicious foods including fresh fruit. We are already planning our next visit and stay at the Westin!