The Banking Hall
Dating back to the 1860s, the Banking Hall is the destination venue in Dublin city centre for the capital’s leading conferences, award ceremonies, receptions and banquets. The Banking Hall was designed in 1863 by the leading architect of his era, William G. Murray and opened for the important business of banking in 1868 as the headquarters of the Provincial Bank, one of the 3 leading banks in the island of Ireland at that time. Now the Banking Hall hosts the city’s leading conferences, banquets, ceremonies and receptions.
With its own private entrance overlooking Trinity College Dublin, guests arrive at the Banking Hall with a sense of occasion. Entering under the imposing pediments over the private entrance, the Banking Hall’s features were designed to impress in 19th century Ireland. Opulent marble pillars, tall mahogany doorways and intricate ornamental features cover the walls and ceiling, all under 4 large chandeliers crafted from 8,000 pieces of Waterford Crystal. Having been sensitively restored, its former glory is reflected in its current status as the city’s leading destination venue.
The Reserve, adjacent to the Banking Hall is a light filled suite and was originally the site for the Dublin Metropolitan Police where many of the Irish republican soldiers were detained immediately after the 1916 Rising. It now serves as the private bar for the Banking Hall and is an ideal pre-function room for drinks and receptions, as well as a breakout area for refreshments and lunches.
The Banking Hall has capacity for 170 guests for a seated banquet, up to 270 people theatre style and 300 for a reception, bespoke executive dining events can also be created under its lofty ceilings. Optimum guest experiences through exceptional food, superlative 5-star service from the Westin Associates and the most memorable of settings ensure the Banking Hall’s prime position in Dublin.
Please contact us on +353 (0)1 645 1440 or email Events@thewestindublin.com